Plateau Land and Wildlife Management has been helping rural landowners protect and enhance their rural land since 1997. Plateau was born out of a law that was passed in 1995 by the Texas Legislature that made it possible for folks with an Ag valuation to maintain their same property tax savings while managing for native habitat and wildlife, instead of livestock, crops, etc. Plateau stepped up to help hundreds of landowners across Texas make this transition to Wildlife Management Valuation, and along the way, realized that there were many folks that needed more than just a Wildlife Management Plan to get their Wildlife Valuation in place.
Today, our team of master-level wildlife biologists, property tax consultants, and professional field technicians set us apart from other companies that have since sprung up from the passage of this law. No other company has a greater depth or breadth of knowledge in wildlife law, or provides a wider variety of land and wildlife-related products and services.
Here are a few other reasons why Plateau stands out from the rest of the pack:
• We’ve been in business over 15 years.
• Our founders helped establish the law that made WMV possible, so we understand this stuff better than anyone.
• 40 plus employees in three offices, not just a one-man shop with a website. Stop by the office any time you need us- we’re in your neighborhood.
• Registered property tax consultants to legally represent you with the County
• We write close to 200 WM plans each year
• We assist hundreds of landowners with activities and maintenance
• We are well respected by County Appraisal Districts
• We’re not going anywhere and are available when you need us most
To date we have helped convert nearly 750,000 acres of rural Texas land to Wildlife Management, and served over 2,000 clients. We work with farmers, ranchers, private landowners, developers, land trusts, brokers, and anyone else who is interested in protecting and enhancing rural Texas land.
Our Service Area:
The map below shows our general service area and locations. The College Station office is still a work in progress, but we have been in the Austin area for well over 17 years and in San Antonio for more than 10. If your county is not highlighted on this map it does not mean that we can’t help you, just that we may not be able to offer all of our services all of the time. Don’t let that keep you from calling us. If we can’t provide kind of service you deserve in your area we will do our best to help you find someone who can.
Click on the map for a larger version.